Seventeen Hotels Join Movement to Raise Awareness for Energy Conversation
“We are pleased to join in this global effort that organizes people around the world to symbolically switch off their lights in support of energy conservation,” said Lisa Kotlar, Director of Sales, Embassy Suites Brea – North Orange County. “We encourage our guests and neighbors to join in on the movement.”
Earth Hour will be celebrated at Embassy Suites locations around Southern California - Orange County, Ventura County, San Diego County, and San Bernardino County - through a variety of activities including:
· A special Earth Hour Complimentary Evening Reception* from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m, featuring complimentary glow sticks for guests
· All non-essential public area lighting and exterior signage will be turned off
· Many of the hotels’ atrium areas and water features will glow under natural candlelight
· Diners will be able to enjoy their meal with dimmed lights and candles
· In-room collateral will be distributed to all suites, and guests will be informed at check-in of the hotels’ supportive measures for Earth Hour, encouraging them to participateOrganized by World Wildlife Fund (WWF), Earth Hour began in 2007 as a way for individuals to show how simple steps can make a significant impact on reducing greenhouse gases and addressing climate change. The event has turned into a true movement in the effort to combat global warming. Global landmarks such as the Sydney Harbour Bridge, The CN Tower in Toronto, The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco and Rome’s Colosseum have all turned off their lights in solidarity. In 2009, more than 4,000 cities in 88 countries officially turned off and dimmed lights to pledge their support for the planet.
Hilton Worldwide measures sustainability as a global brand standard and includes this as a mark of a hotel performance. In doing so, the company is able to measure the impact of all 3,500 hotels within its portfolio and has developed industry-leading tools that allow properties to track monthly utility consumption, cost data and operational performance.
*Service of alcohol subject to state and local laws. Must be of legal drinking age.
About Embassy Suites’ Southern California Hotels
Founded in 1984, Embassy Suites Hotels defines the upscale, all-suite segment and all are ISO 14001 certified for environmental management. With spacious two-room suites, engaging team members and an inviting atrium environment, guests are allowed to put their feet up and feel right at home. To learn more, visit www.embassysuitessocal.com.
About Embassy Suites Hotels
Embassy Suites Hotels, one of Hilton Worldwide’s ten market-leading brands and one of Parents magazine’s 10 Best Hotel Ch10ains for Families of 2012, gives guests more during every stay. The full-service, upscale brand offers spacious two-room suites, free cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Complimentary Evening Receptions with appetizers and beverages. Both leisure and business travelers looking for an approachable, upscale experience feel right at home in the brand’s inviting atrium environment. Embassy Suites Hotels has more than 210 properties across the Americas and nearly 30 more in the pipeline. For more information, visit embassysuites.com, and connect with Embassy Suites at embassysuitesmediacenter.com, facebook.com/embassysuiteshotels and twitter.com/EmbassySuites